A Lip Tint That Stays (April Skin Fxing Tint, Worth The Hype, Or Nah?)

Saturday, January 28, 2017



Hi Everyone! It's good to be back. You know how lipsticks or lip tints are so important for us ladies, especially for someone like me who looks like I chugged a bottle of vinegar because I'm so pale. I own a lot of lipsticks or tints in the same type of shade.

I found this fixing lip tint online because I've been seeing a lot of Korean beauty bloggers making a video review of how it stays even after eating oily foods, even if you try to erase the tint using your lip tint, it still stays. That's almost like a miracle for us ladies because it's always annoying how we have to do touch ups after eating or even after a few hours.

April Skin has been making a huge hype on social media because of its good products. I managed to get one of their best sellers through a friend, you would wanna check their page if you're interested in Korean Makeups -> Le Tote Cebu

So, let's start the review.

Let's start with the packaging:



I love the packaging cause it's pink, of course, I love pink. I love how it's travel friendly cause it's plastic and I love how simple it is but it says something.


I love how the wand is bendable, it makes it easier for the product to apply and blend. Though people might find it hard to use cause it's bending but turns out, it's actually very convenient.



The shade that I got is Tomato Lady, which is somehow orange but somehow reddish. It's corally (I just made that up) so it suits my morena skin really well. So I applied this on and I tried smudging it but it didn't smudge at all. It stays the same.

Let's talk about the pros and cons of this product:

Pros:

  • Lasts long
  • Travel-friendly packaging
  • Has SPF 10
  • It doesn't cause cracking on your lips cause it's a bit moist
  • It does stays even after eating
  • Non-transferable
  • Smudge-free

Cons:

  • It's too sticky and uncomfortable when you eat
  • It doesn't have so many shades to choose from
  • It's too pricy
  • Hard to blend cause it dries too fast

The final verdict:


I would give this product a 3/5. Over all, it's a good product but I will always consider the comfort and this is not a comfortable product to wear all day, simply because it's really sticky so I would prefer to remove it before eating because it's irritating. (LOL) but overall, it's a really really good product and I would love to try the other shades as well.

So if you're planning on buying this product, consider your comfort, consider if the price is worth it. So I would still recommend this one if you desire to have a long lasting lip tint. 

You can actually wear this product in two different ways, you can wear it in a lip-bitten way, or you can apply the whole product to your lips so your lip would really pop. Here are some of the ways I wear this tint.

Lip-bitten style
Lip bitten style is easy, simply put the product on the upper part of your lower lip and the lower part of your upper lip. I'm sure you understood what I just said. Haha. Just simple blend them downwards for it to look more natural.


As you can see on this look, I didn't put too much product so it still looks light and it's not popping.

This is how I would wear it on a daily basis
If you want it popping, this is how it would look

So you can say that this shade is quite versatile depending on how you use it so hooray for it!


So there you go, thank you so much for taking the time to read this, I hope it helped you in every way. If you have questions, please feel free to ask. 

Have a lovely day!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram