My One K Global Peace Concert in Manila Experience

Friday, April 07, 2017

So we woke up at 6 AM, to prepare, have breakfast and all and then we travelled at around 09:00 and arrived at SM Mall of Asia at 11:00 AM. We went out to search for freebies and banners then we got in line for the strapping because we have this perk called the arrival party where we get to greet our bias groups as they arrive at the venue. That's the main reason why we got up early is to make sure that we get the best sight of our idols. 

After the strapping, we went straight to the arrival party venue at around 01:00 PM. The arrival party is said to begin at 02:00 PM. It was already past 03:00 PM and nobody was arriving. There were cars passing through the venue and the fans were screaming but it was only the staff members. So at around 04:00 PM, one of the organizers announced that those who have the soundcheck party should fall in line so that they won't be late for the soundcheck party, it means that there might be a chance that the idols won't arrive there and only two groups will come out. We decided to just fall in line for the SVIP lane so that we can get the best sights for the concert. 

This is the place where we waited for our idols to arrive, doesn't look like a party at all. The Arrival Party perk was so misleading. (This photo was captured by one of my fangirl friends, Joy
Photo captured by Joy <3 td="">

We tried to go to the help desk to try if we might get the soundcheck party perk because we waited for THREE HOURS just to wait for the idols to arrive, not knowing that they already arrived at the venue long before we got there. What they did is they let two groups out, SHINee, and I'm not sure what the other group was. Surprisingly, the staff members of All Access Production were not aware of what's happening at the arrival party. Some staff members listened but the one who was supposed to help us just ran away, pretending that she was doing anything so we never got the soundcheck party perk. It was so tiring. Running, standing for long hours, waiting, we were really frustrated. 

So we just waited until the guards could let us in, when we got inside, we had to wait until the doors finally opened. We went inside at around 06:30 PM, and the show was supposed to start at 07:00 PM. The fans were so hyped while they play the music videos but as time goes by, they kept the music videos on repeat until 08:00 PM and to be honest, I lost all my energy already, my head is beating like hell. 

The program started at 08:00 PM, with a video about the Korean war and how the Philippines participated on it which showed that since then, Korea and the Philippines has this huge connection already. 


It started with a formal event where the international delegates were introduced, Cesar Montano was also there, and to launch the Global Peace Concert in Manila 2017, they released dove balloons as a sign of peace. I forgot to mention that One K Concert is a part of the week-long event, Global Peace Convention 2017 which is an international movement aims to promote peace and good relations with Korea. Manila is their first stop for 2017. 



After the formal event, the concert started as Choi Minho of SHINee and Seolhyun of AOA hosted the event. I cried by the way when I saw Minho cause it was my first time seeing him. Hehe.



B.A.P was the first act where they sang Skydive, One shot and No Mercy. Now, I was so happy with B.A.P, they are one of the groups whom my heart holds dearly. I was so happy that Zelo and Youngjae, my bias and bias wrecker were so close to me. Zelo saw me and Youngjae, even though they might not be aware that they saw me eye to eye. It's okay. 






followed by B1A4, who performed Beautiful Target, What's Happening and Baby Goodnight. They were so cute and fresh and lively! I've been a fan of B1A4 for 6 years now and seeing them perform live for the first time, gosh! It was a dream come true. Baro was always on our side of the stage so I got the chance to have an eye to eye moment with him. 




Then special stages performed by Choa of AOA, Sandeul of B1A4, then B.A.P's Daehyun and Youngjae singing the most popular OSTS of the most loved Korean Dramas in the Philippines. After that, AOA performed followed by BTOB, wherein the arena was filled with screams as Sungjae who played Deok Hwa at the famous Korean drama Goblin introduced himself. After that, a  special stage performed by BTOB's Eunkwang and Hyunsik performing Anak by Freddie Aguilar together with Cesar Montano. 


The stage was followed by CN Blue wherein Yonghwa's fan service was so extra. He even said that Manila is so sweet like Vanilla. His cheesy pick-up lines was so funny. It was so intense.


Now for my long awaited act, SHINee. I cried and sobbed so hard when I saw them up close. My eyes couldn't believe what I was seeing. They were so angelic. I kept asking myself if I was really there. They were the highlight of my evening.

And as usual, they devoured us with their great vocals and energetic dance moves. It was an emotional night for us shawols, most of the fans that were caught on camera were either crying or screaming their lungs out. It was intense.



The last performer was PSY where he made everyone emotional by his song, father and also made the whole arena dance to his most popular songs like Gentlemen, Gangnam style and etc. His performance was followed by the artists and the producer coming out of the stage and sang the theme song for One Dream, One Korea.

At first, I hesitated to go for VIP standing because I know my level of tolerance for long events like these plus we stood for how many hours waiting for our idols so throughout the day, we were mostly standing and I only had less than 2 hours of sleep. So the adrenaline saved me and gladly, I survived, I would definitely go for standing again as I've made so many eye contacts with the idols and they were very close to me. I'm glad I went for the standing lane, I had no regrets at all!

Anyway, we've all read the news about what happened that night but it's still not over after weeks, even after a month, the fans are still crazy about it including myself.

Me and my new found friends talk about the event almost everyday because we couldn't get over it. It was such a great experience for fangirls like me. This is also one of the best concerts I've attended so far but Coldplay is still on the number one spot. :D

Anyways, these are my thoughts about the event. How did you spend the concert and what did you do after it? I also want to hear your experiences on the comments below. :)


Note: All of the pictures above were taken by me so please repost with proper credits. 

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. OMG!!!! It's B1A4 and SHINEE!!!!! It's been a long time since I last attended kpop concert. My last tix was actually with EXO but I ended up selling my tix because I am already pregnant then and the whole family doesn't want me to attend the concert. My kpop fan sibs also discouraged me to attend because we all know that I can't help myself but jump and dance to the music. Aso recently, baby is still very small and needed a lot of attention so I still cannot attend such events. Perhaps when SuJu will have their comeback, I will definitely attend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not into KPop (yet) but I just recently got into koreanovelas so I share your excitement! Hehehe. And super nice the theme behind it! I love that it's about peace and bringing 2 different countries together. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's such a great feeling when you get to be in front at your favorite band's concert! I am not familiar with the names that took the stage one by one but I assume they are very big in your area. I only know PSY, who was famous all over the world a few years ago with his jolly Gagnam Style. Shame about the start and the arrival party which vanished all of a sudden. It sounds like you had a great time anyway and it was well worth standing in the VIP area.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not much of a Kpop fan! However, koreanovelas are a different story! I am addicted to them real bad! I can clearly remember how I cried so hard watching episodes from Goblin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, you must've been elated at seeing your idols! I was addicted to K-pop and K-dramas once, but I kind of got over it thanks to uni and stuff, haaha. I still listen to some bands that've stuck with me over the years though. I really like their musical style. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to admit I'm not really into KPOP nor KDRAMA but happy for you. The concert must have been so surreal. And in all fairness to Korean stars, they are really passionate in what they do. By the way, was that Sam Oh? (on the third photo)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm happy for you that you got to see them. I'm not into Korean stuff but I have friends who are. Some of them even travelled to Korea in the past years. I remember hearing stories of how people who watched the Beatles also ended up crying during their concerts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can imagine the longing to meet your idols. Sorry that you had to wait long to get inside for the show and for it to begin. You got some cool pics. Nice to know you have fans too who shares your pics. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you had fun! The event seems to be very entertaining and engaging. Ive never been to a concert for ages. The last time i attended a live concert was like 15 years ago! Lol! And i cannot remember the feeling and excitement anymore..

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not really into Kpop but for someone like you who is, it must have been an amazing experience seeing all those live acts in one event. Looks like quite a spectacular show! No wonder you cried! Hehe. I'm sure it was a surreal feeling. I remember how happy I was when I watched my favorite bands perform live.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I don't know if I can stand that long. I hope you had lunch and dinner while waiting. On the good side, great to know that you were able to enjoy the event and saw your idols. #fangirlmoment it is! ;) Lucky you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! This is definitely a wonderful experience for fans. I am so happy for you. Though, I haven't really tried exterting this much effort to watch a concert, I understand where you are coming from and how much it really means. So, go on #fangirling! :)

    ReplyDelete

Instagram