Letter for the little Dawn

Thursday, August 04, 2016

Dear Dawn,


Hi! It's me, your future self. You may be crying right at this moment maybe because you were spanked by mom, or you miss dad but hey. I'm here. I'm listening. I know there were times when you felt alone, when you felt like you're not important. But you're not alone, and you are important.

I know you don't feel beautiful and you claim yourself to be ugly, that's why when people tell you you are beautiful, you reject it. You never believed. When you did, you became boastful. Well, you are beautiful, believe it or not, you don't have to brag yourself to everybody else, believe me, there is this one guy who noticed you and he loves you for who you are.



Dawn, please don't rush into growing up. I know you might be far from your friends and you keep on complaining that you never liked school. Finish it, you have a great future ahead of you and some people are actually recognizing you for your talents and you being smart. Enjoy every bit of it.

I just want you to know that we're okay. We're doing fine. Life is a mess but it's okay. As long as I have you, and our memories, I'll be fine. I will always remember your jolliness, your quirkiness, your never ending questions, and how overly dramatic you were crying for the things that you shouldn't worry about. I love how you loved your toys like your own child. Every stuffed toy lasted, when they were broken, you never stopped crying. That's when I know you are such a genuine person.



I miss you. I wish I could feel the happiness again when you see your dad, I wish I could experience the joy again of playing outside like it's the best moment of our lives. I miss how we used to dream, how we believed our dreams are going to happen no matter what. I miss you.

It's hard to bring you back to where I am now but I promise you, I will always keep you here. To remember the things that made us happy, I'll keep you safe.

Please don't let the stress of growing up get to you. Talk to your family. Don't be such a kill joy. Don't hurt yourself just because of some guy. Please don't. You'll find the right one someday, and when you're ready, you'll know what love really means.

P.S You'll be fine, trust me,


Love,

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. Love this: You'll find the right one someday, and when you're ready, you'll know what love really means. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very touching. Don't worry everything will be alright, just hold on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always told people to do this, write a letter from the future... it is a great way to visualize and in this case, to get through difficult times. Beautifully done.

    Related: http://www.amazinglifedaily.com/letter-to-self-from-2026/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just so beautiful to read and reread. And surely when you get back to this again years from
    Now, everything turned wonderfully beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, this is beautiful. This is a good reminder that you can look back to and read again & again. Enjoy life and love with all your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always wanted to write something like this but seems that I still haven't found the right things to say. I find this a treasure that you will forever cherish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really inspirational and beautiful. I love how your future writes for you and that you have nothing to worry about. Whatever you are going through, don't stress to much as life has so much things to offer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so touching and wonderful. I'm sure everything will turn out great in future. I've always thought of writing a letter for a future read, but this is much better... great read!

    ReplyDelete
  9. :'( My heart, dawn, my heart. I've been trying to form words to express my thoughts, but I've been struck. It's been 5 minutes and I'm still contemplating what to comment. I wish we all had a time capsule so that, even for just a few moments - we could go back to happier times.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love when people write letters to their younger self. This was a beautiful post! You have inspired me to do the same!

    xoxo, Candice
    http://www.candicenikeia.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is really wonderful and touching... sometimes, i also have these thoughts of travelin back in time and give the young me a set of advises and also to comfort the little me during the time he was sad and lonely.. this is really comforting you know especially for someone like me who never had that ideal childhood life ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  12. This was supposed to be a letter for the future and addressed to the beautiful Dawn, but this has moved me and everyone of us. This is truly inspiring,I as well love to write letters like this for the future it brings courage and determination.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A nice letter and reflection on our life. Yes don't be too rush being in love, the right guy will come on the right time. Sometimes God wants us to be in pain so he can prepare us for the best.

    ReplyDelete

Instagram