Review: Colourpop Ultra Matte Liquid Lipstick (Kae)

Wednesday, August 03, 2016


Colourpop is one of the famous makeup brands in the United States, their liquid lipsticks are having a huge hype because of the quality and of course, the swatches are to die for. I discovered that my friend is a re-seller of famous Korean and US cosmetics, and I got my Colourpop Liquid Matte Lipstick from her. Her online shop is called beautypop.ph so for you guys residing here in the Philippines, you can get one from her.

First of all, the transaction was swift. She currently updates her customers on Instagram if the order was made already, when will the shipping be and etc. It was easy for me because she lives like a few walks from our house. 

It came with a very cute paper bag with the Beauty Pop Ph's contact information
So let us now proceed to the product review.

Just to let you know I did an 8-hour test with Colourpop, I put the product on, went out and ate without reapplying. 

When I put them on at first, this is how they looked like:

Closer look

So for the whole day, I wasn't able to take a picture of what I ate but for the whole day, I had chicken with rice and mashed potato. In the afternoon we had a frappe, a clubhouse and fries. Then we had steak for dinner. (This is so embarrassing, I know I do eat a lot) hehehe but that's okay!

So what I like about this liquid lippie is that it's not transferable. Your spoon or straw won't be filled with too much lipstick. Unlike with creamy mattes, I've been eating my lipstick because it's transferring. Also, it's very comfortable to wear, though it's matte and has a powdery feel, it's not heavy on your lips so you can wear it with confidence the whole day. 

I love the shade, most people think I was going for the emo look but not really. I just love that it brings out the sassy look but definitely not going for emo.

My advice, do not wear this lipstick with light eye make-up, for me it doesn't match or it doesn't go well. This shade is good for a night out or parties and events.

After a long day, this is how it looked like without reapplying

As you can see, the product went off on the center part of my lower lip but over all, the product stayed in place (Sorry my blemishes are showing cause my concealer is already breaking out)

Pros:

  • Easily dries
  • Non-transferable
  • Lasts long enough (it actually lasted until I ate the first time)
  • Might not stay for 8 hours but hey, reapplying is not an issue
  • Can be removed easily with a make up remover
  • Lots of awesome swatches to choose from
  • Provides velvety but light feel

Cons:

  • The wand is too long 
  • Not easy to correct (for me)

So over all, I would rate this product a 5/5. Simply because it is my first time using a liquid matte lipstick, I always go for creamy mattes but they're all over the place so this is a nice shift for me. 

Do you have any thoughts with Colourpop as well? Let me know. Toodles!


You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. I guess almost all lipsticks are no match for oily food. I've tried a lot and Colourpop is the one that may have survived oily food. The situation/look was there was still pigment left near the edge of the lips however the main part had no more pigment already. Oh well. I like this shade! How much are they selling?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with everything you said. This shade is in Kae and I bought this for 390 php, but now they are selling it for 410 PHP :)

      Delete
  2. Oh what a sensual color. It suits your skin so well. I like the fact that it's matte. I love matte lips! It's very chic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a color, I really like this trend. There's something sexy to pull off this kind of shade, and yet you're doing it perfectly. It's so different from the classics one tho. I love the stains because they won' budge and that's so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, this lipstick is oozing with so much sexiness! I've heard so much about Colourpop but I haven't bothered on reading some reviews about it, so thank you for this! It's nice that you provided your friend's site here as well. I'm just starting to love lipsticks and I'll definitely visit her site and maybe buy some! :)

    ReplyDelete

Instagram