Banila Co. Prime Primer "Blur" Review

Wednesday, October 12, 2016



Hey ladies! It's been a while since I last posted a review. I'm very excited to share my experience on this product since I've been dying to try this for so long, now that I finally have it, I can truly say that it's worth the wait.

I thought primers weren't that important until I met this primer. From now on, I will take note that primers are very very essential to our daily make-up routine, keep that in mind ladies. You should always prime your face.

But before that, let me have an introduction about this product and it's claims.

banila co. is one of the leading brand for Korean cosmetics, luckily for us Filipino, we now have access to its amazing and best selling products. I bought this primer through Lazada.com since it's one of banila co's trusted online shops here in the Philippines.

I got this for 1,060 PHP (around 22 $)

Product claims:


1. Blurring effect


Diffuses and deflects lights to blur imperfections and boost the radiance of base make up with soft focus finish.


2. Shiny Skin


A perfect blend of light-diffusing three addictive primary color pearl formula imparts soft higlights, gorgeous luminosity, and youthful radiance to skin.


3. Make-up boosting


Helps create a refined appearance and preps skin with a smooth, radiant finish. It's hydrating formula adds moisture-rich feel upon smooth skin-perfecting application.

This product also claims a "just like a photoshopped blut-out complexion finish".


Price: 

22,000 won / 950 PHP (as converted)


How to use: 

Apply after moisturizer and before putting on foundation / BB cream.

Tip: Don't go crazy and apply too much product on your face, with primers, less is more.

You can find more information about this product on banila co.'s website: www.banilaco.com

Swatches:

BEFORE

AFTER (You can see the shimmering, right?)

You know how Koreans love a glowy, radiant and healthy look, this product helps you achieve just that. But I have to admit, I was a bit shocked when I saw that it was shining shimmering splendid when I applied it. I panicked and thought that I wasted money so that my face could shine as in literally shine with glitters. But don't worry, once foundation / bb cream is applied, the glitters or the shimmering will no longer be visible. The three addictive primary color pearl formula as mentioned earlier is what causes the shining thing. It's actually one of its claims, to give you a glowing look.

So I put this product to the test, to see if it does last long, gives you a glowing look, and hydrates your face at the same time. Oh and also have that photoshopped effect and these are the results:


Pros:


  • Stays long (as claimed)
  • Gives you a glowing look (as claimed)
  • Smoothens/preps/perfects your skin so that the foundation would be flawless
  • It seriously gives a photoshopped effect on your face. (seriously guys, I'm not kidding)
  • Good for dry skin
  • Protects your skin
  • Good for lazy people (like me) who hates retouching all over again


Cons:


  • Too pricy (but it's worth it) 
  • Might get you oily throughout the day because of the hydrating factors

I actually did a test on this product. After long hours of commuting, and sweats from the heat, you'd still look radiant and glowy. You won't look dead tired because of your make up wearing off.

What I love about this product is that it truly does what it claims, I promise! I've never been satisfied with a product before. My make-up would just clog and clamp under my eyes, the foundation would be gone around my mouth in three hours, but thanks to this primer, it does help my make-up stay longer than it should, after so many hours, believe me, you would still look flawless. 

MAKE-UP FOR 7 HOURS | NO RETOUCH | NO EDITS
AS YOU CAN SEE, THERE ARE SOME SPOTS FOR MY BLEMISHES BUT THEY'RE NOT THAT VISIBLE. SEEMS  LIKE MY FACE HAVE BEEN FILTERED WITH A GLOW / BLUR EFFECT BUT NO

FINAL CONLUSION:


Guys, I'm telling you right now, you should prime. LOL. This is a very good product I must say, I'm so satisfied that I wanted to recommend this to all my friends who love make-up. Still, I haven't explored the primer world but so far, this is a good start. I'd like to try others as well but for now, I think I'm gonna hold on to this product for a very long time. 


OVERALL RATING:
5/5 (I'm not kidding)


If you guys have any suggestions, which good products should I try next, please do let me know on the comments below. I'd love to try them! Let me know if this was a helpful review. From now on, priming is important. Okay? ;)

Have a lovely day!

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. i still have this primer sitting in its packaging in my drawer! so glad i read your review and now i can't wait to use it! but i have extremely oily skin though. wonder if it would work as well for me, since you said it works better for dry skin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does, however it gets oily at some point because of the hydrating formula but it's not greasy. :) I hope you'd love it as much as I did :)))

      Delete
  2. You must not be really kidding. The primer suits you. How I wish I could also find the interest to learn those things. What I Know are very basic. Apply lipstick and that's it. There is any improvement, I now know how to apply brow color on my yes- brows. Ihihi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ive never used any formal primer in doing make ups. I don't know how, that's why! Hahaha! But ive been wanting to try out primers but still undecided which one should i buy. This seems to be promising though i find it oily? I got oily skin already.. but it looks perfect on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, it gets oily throughout the day but not too greasy. They also have this primer in matte, if you want to try it out :)

      Delete

Instagram