How I got into makeup (my makeup journey)

Monday, October 31, 2016




When I got interested in makeups, I didn't know what products to buy, what specific tools or whatever.

People love the way I draw my brows, but believe me, my eyebrows were a mess and I was always asking for my friend's help to put my eyeliner, I wasn't good at makeup.
For this post, no matter how embarrassing this is, I will be sharing the transition to when I started learning how to do my makeup up to now.

This is to encourage everyone that are not YET good with something they love to do.
I started using makeup when I was in college because I had to. Everyone was pretty and I don't want to look haggard or "dugyot" that's how we call it in the Philippines.
I had a liquid foundation, a mascara, powder foundation and lipstick. Those were the first items on my pouch.

Eyebrows weren't that big of a deal before. LOL
Say hi to my photobomber. :D
I seriously look like an alien without eyebrows T.T

After a long time, I finally decided to learn how to do my eyebrows and how to put an eyeliner, it was messy at first. I didn't know how to properly draw an eyebrow and I hated looking at photos during the times when my eyebrows were poorly drawn.

Look at my freaking eyebrows :(
The eyeliner is just.. I have no words for it

After some time, I finally found the best product for my eyebrows, I decided to take them seriously. I also upgraded the brands that I use. I practiced how to properly blend foundation, I watched too many tutorials so that I could get it right.

After so many practices, I haven't mastered the art of eyebrows yet but at least they were decent looking.

See the improvement of the eyebrows. Hihi

After some time, I learned the importance of moisturizing my face first before putting any makeup. I also started practicing on how to properly draw an eyeliner. I started with the basics, I also started taking care of my skin cause that's very important.


It wasn't perfect but it's getting there

After so many attempts



Then I started practicing how to do my eyeshadow, how to contour, I basically tried to upgrade my skills. 


Everything wasn't perfect at first, but then I on kept trying. I always try to figure out what's wrong, what's good and how to improve it.

The first photos were really embarrassing but that's how I know I really improved. A LOT! :D

The secret to improving is to never ever be contented of your skills. Explore, learn, practice. Don't stop watching tutorials. Don't stop learning by yourself. Don't be discouraged if someone says your eyebrows look bad, your contour should be blended, or you didn't blend your foundation right but use that as a step to improve. 

Just be passionate and you'll learn, you'll improve. 

Lately, I've been doing experiments, I know I still have a lot to prove and to learn, but for now, I'm really happy of how I improved.





It's a never ending process, there's always something to learn, something to improve. Don't just stop there, if you love something, whether it's blogging, makeup, games, or whatever it is, never ever stop doing what you love. 


I hope you were encouraged by my embarrassing photos. Haha. Thank you for seeing my progress, thank you for allowing me to share my experience. 

Let me know what you think in the comments below. Have a nice day! 


You Might Also Like

18 comments

  1. that is a great attempt... you are a natural beauty even without make up ... as for the eye brows, yes, you have finally nailed it... I have not manage to perfect my own yet... can learn a thing or two from you... huhuh

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pictures even without makeup and with makeup, yes continue practicing that's me as well, practice lang ng practice. I'm a little bit late when it comes to makeup but since I was a child I'm used to wearing it especially on dance contest, hahaha, but I started to apply my own makeup starting college because it was needed on my Hrm, great job sis, let's continue practising, aja

    cykaniki.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. With make-up, practice makes perfect. This goes with everything else in life — if you we to be super good to something, you need to learn and love th craft. I've been doing a lot of reading & I have been watching a lot of tutorials online ... this is where I learn whatever it is that I know about makeup.

    I can see that you're already good at this and I won't be surprised if you decide to take your mastery of make-up in a totally different level.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honestly, I'm just learning now how to apply make-up and I'm like 24. Almost everyone around me is so pretty. But right now, I'm just attracted to eye make-up. I wanted to make my eyes bigger and alive. #Chinita problems haha! I know gets mo to. Your eyeliner game is strong girl! I struggle kasi wala akong talukap and it's crazy. haha Tag me if you have an eye make up blog post ah! Btw, you're pretty with or without make up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually had fun reading your post. Primarily because it is not the make up itself but the lessons you are imparting. If I may, I think everyone can learn and practice naman, whatever ang gustong gawin. Pero ito rin iyon, it is possessing the desire that is so great that anything that stops one from learning is easily disregarded. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do not know how to contour. Haha. My face gets itchy when I apply heavy make-up. You have done a good job in improving your make-up skills.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look amazing girl- with, and without makeup! Thanks for the tip on moisturizing before putting on makeup, I haven't thought of that before. I rarely use makeup, but when I do, I want to look good (of course) :-) I like how you make it so motivating to learn your passion, that your passion is something you can be great at if you put in time and dedication.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi friend, your makeup journey is really inspiring. If di lang tinago ni mama ang foundation nung bata pa ako siguro makeup artist na ako ngayon! Anyways, I really like the way you showed the timeline of photos, very transparent friend and organize. I just wish you to have more free products from your favorite brands and aabangan ko ang review! <3 Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never knew how much getting your eyebrows done completes your face. Last year I had microblading done on my eyebrows and love it.

    You look stunning and have got your make up look done so well. I still struggle with my topliner :/ I learnt from watching my mum and other bloggers online.
    Skincare , lots of water and a good diet ensure your makeup always looks on point.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it that you are sharing your journey. Very inspirational. We all learn and nobody knows everything from the start. When I read old blog posts, I always find some things that can be better! It's a great thing that you see that you are learning and improving.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's great to see how much you've learnt. There's nothing better to get passionate about something, learn and develop new skills. I'm not too much of a make up person and I will only stop to the eyes and keep it simple.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your eyebrows are extremely beautiful. Can't believe you did this yourself and not a make up artist. I love make up, it gives me so many ideas to look different every day. It depends also what mood I am in. Red lips is surely different than a lipgloss. xo Sabine www.sofarsosabine.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Great job! :) You did such a good job on the eyeliner. See, I am a big make up person. I just love them, and basically have a collection not fit for an individual, but the one thing I don't really have and know putting on is the eyeliner. Up to this day, I still can't get it right. Amazing hands you got for doing a cat's eye! For your eyebrows, maybe you would be open to try Dolly wink's Eyebrow make up, it's good and give quite great control for outlining and filling in the brows.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The principle you shared- "The secret to improving is to never ever be contented of your skills. Explore, learn, practice"

    Is not only applicable for make-up skills, but for every facet in our life that we need to learn and improve.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I admire your dedication girl! High five! It takes a lot of dedication to learn makeup and master the art of browns and eyeliners! Your journey is a great example that practice makes perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nicely done! I could really see the improvement in your makeup. Although, the past ones weren't that bad at all. I've been trying how to use makeup as well since college indeed makes you look very haggard. I had to learn it. It's a good thing there are many beauty gurus nowadays who teach on the internet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You Nailed it! Exactly, before, eyebrows were not a thing, it was even none of our business.. LOL but right now,people or women are into it, I'm one of those. You nailed it how you certainly devote yourself to practice it. Congrats! you are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  18. I used to have a bare face when stepping out. I didn't put much thought into making my face up. Ever since I had a life changing moment though I realized that I should wear make up not for anyone but for myself. I take more care of my appearance.

    ReplyDelete

Instagram