My Daily Make-Up Routine

Thursday, October 27, 2016



Most of my friends ask me how I do my makeup on a daily basis, and it is very simple. I used to bake my face going out, but lately, I'm into simple, no make-up look, because it's not time-consuming, and you also won't worry much about your makeup fading at the end of the day. So here's a step by step list of my daily routine.

If you're a beginner, you can also use this post as a guide to how you're going to do it and what products to buy.

Most of the products I used are Korean cosmetics, mostly because, I feel safer using them, unlike drugstore make-ups. Even though they are a bit pricey, the quality stands out and doesn't damage your skin.

1. Moisturize


Moisturizers are very very important, especially if your skin gets dry and looks tired throughout the day, so it's very important to take care of your skin first before applying any cosmetics. 
I am using the Nature Republic Aqua Super Aqua Max Water Moisture. I super love this product and if you want to check it out, I made a review for it, you can check it here:



2. Prime


It's very important to prime to protect your skin from all the products you are going to put on your delicate skin. It also helps your makeup to stay long for hours and also smoothens your skin before you apply your makeup.

I am currently using Banila Co's Prime Primer in Blur. I also made a review about it so please check it out. :)



3. Apply your foundation / bb cream / cc cream


Next step is to apply whatever it is that you are using. Foundations are very important because it enhances the color of your skin and it also helps you look radiant. Just be sure to choose the right shade. 

If you're trying to make up your mind if you want to use a foundation, bb cream, or cc cream, I've made a blog post comparing the products. you might want to check it out to see what suits you best.


I am currently using Face Shop's CC Ultra Moist Cushion. I love it cause its medium coverage, perfect for achieving that no make- up look. But there are times when I use L'oreal True match Liquid Foundation when I want a full coverage. I also made a separate review on both, so if you're thinking about using them but kinda hesitant, please go check it out. :)


4. Eyebrows


There are times when I do my eyebrows first before priming or applying a foundation, it mostly depends on my mood, make sure to make time for drawing your brows because it's the most important part of our make-up routine. LOL. I'm just kidding. But please, take your eyebrows seriously.

I have here a tutorial on how to draw your eyebrows, please check the link below


5. Apply eye makeup


By eye makeup, I don't mean putting a full eyeshadow on your eyes, Just use mascara or eyeliner or even a white eyeliner to make your eyes pop even more. :)

I'm using Maybelline products with my eyes because they are less expensive but they are very very effective.

6. Blush and powder


Don't be too overwhelmed putting on your blush on, be sure that it will look as natural as possible, after that you can set your makeup with powder. 

I am currently using Missha's Tension Blusher which I got from a giveaway by BB Cosmetics and I am using The Face Shop's powder foundation to set my face.


7. Lastly, I put on my lipstick.


Now on this part, the shades I use depends on my mood. I use several types and brands of lipsticks so I cannot list them all but I'm currently using the Chateau Labiotte Wine Lip tint, it is very long lasting that's why I really really love it. I'll be posting a review about it soon, and I'll also be trying the current trend, April Skin's fixing tint and I am very very excited to use it.


If you noticed, I don't usually conceal because I'm really trying to achieve that no makeup look, so I conceal depending on my mood. Since my under eyes are not that dark, I leave it at that.

So there you go, this is my daily makeup routine, I hope you can use this as a guideline if you want to start doing your makeup. And regardless of the brands, I've listed the products that are very important for you so I hope you find the right brand suited for you.

Here are some of my photos with my makeup on a daily basis





I hope this helped you in any way. Let me know if it was indeed helpful, let me know if you have any thoughts or questions, I'd love to answer them! 

Have a lovely day~

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. I used to have a daily make-up routine too. But that was when I was still working outside the home. These days, I stay home almost all the time. So, I don't put make-up at all. I only put on some powder and lip balm or gloss when we go to church in the evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the eyebrows as one of the most important things that you should apply before stepping out of the house. Ma-late man basta may kilay lang. Haha! I always go for the no-make up look too. I'm good with foundation, eyebrow, and lipstick then toned it down with powder and I'm good to go. I'm not using anything on my eyes though, thabks for sugesting Maybelline. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great step by step list for a make-up routine. I find it very easy to follow and understand. I want to go with the "no make-up look", it's more me in my everyday life. But I actually feel now that I miss one thing, nr 2 on your list- Prime. I have never thought of it, so thanks. I'll keep my eyebrows natural though, I like them as they are and that's the most important! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi girl,
    I love how you do your make up. It's actually the same routine as I! :) I sometimes shape my cheeks / skull as well. I even shape my breast with make up, when I wear a dress that is low ;) Have you ever tried that haha.
    What I also like is, to add a bit more blush after I've put on my lipstick. Sometimes it's not enough what I have done before.
    xo Sabine www.sofarsosabine.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tend to be lazy at times.. and when that happens, I just slather on my Astalift emulsion, then draw on some eye brow , and put some lip balm on... when I have a more important event or so, then I will do it the longer way with BB Cushion and so on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My default also when I am a bit lazy is to just put on lip balm and trim my brows. :)

      Delete
  6. Hi there! Thanks for letting us in on your beauty process. We do almost the same things, except I don't put on blush, do my brows, or put on primer (I know I should be though, haha). I usually just moisturize, put on concealer, then foundation, then my eyes, then contour, then lipstick. :) As it gets really hot in the country, I try to wear as little on my face as possible. Sometimes, I go bare and just put on eyeliner and lipstick! Again, thanks for sharing! Discovered a few brands I'm not familiar with.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really not my thing, but I really enjoyed reading it. It grants me the glimpse of the girls personal thing in which I can have an idea that would probably be a use for me in the future for my mother's gift and for my wife's thing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. now I know why my sister is always late haha... kiddin aside, it's nice of you to share us your daily makeup routine.. i may not able to relate myself much with these stuffs but I'm sure female bloggers will find this extremely helpful

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always love to compare beauty routines! It helps a lot to improve my own haha. The one thing I forget/ skip most often is to moisturize. I really should pay more attention to that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. When was the last time I had make-up on? Feeling Tita already! :D I am more into moisturizer and lipstick when I am always on the go. I should also take note about using a primer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a simple make up routine also, but I am looking for a workshop that I can learn the basic one. I don't know that is the use of the primer pala. I have a sensitive and oily skin kaya minsan madali ma dry foundation even I moisturize a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been following the same make up routine too! Though I tend to skip on the eye makeup most of the time. I'd love to add variation and learn how to draw on a perfect winged eyeliner, but I just can't. It seems so hard haha. Also, I have to agree with you. Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize and allot time to get that brows on fleek because #kilayislife :D

    ReplyDelete

Instagram