The Skin Bureau Pretty Political Ultimate Facial Set Review

Tuesday, July 04, 2017



Hi everyone, or should I say, hi TS beauties! So if you are following my previous posts, I attended a super fabulous event last two weeks and it was the launching party of The Skin Bureau. So they gave away the Ultimate Facial Set after the party and I promised to make a review of the product.

It's been two weeks since I've been using the products and I've had a terrible skin condition for the past month and it really bothered me a lot because every time a pimple disappears, a new one comes and it's so frustrating. I stopped using the products that I thought were harming my skin but then I also thought that maybe it was because of my hormones or something (I will definitely have it checked if it still keeps coming up)


The Skin Bureau Political Ultimate Facial Set consists of the following:
1. Soap
2. Day Toner & Night Toner
3. Day Cream & Night Cream




These products are animal cruelty free, good for teens 13 years old above and guys can use this set as well. I mentioned that on my previous post. http://www.dbeautyjournal.com/2017/06/the-skin-bureau-official-launching-party.html

Here are the descriptions and photos of each product courtesy of The Skin Bureau's Official Facebook Page






So you already have an idea on how each product works but let me also give you the instructions on how to use it.

1. Wash your face with the President Pretty Soap
2. After washing your face, apply the toner using a cotton ball and clean your face thoroughly
3. Apply the creams accordingly after doing your other skin care routines. (Apply the day gel before applying your makeup)

Now let's talk about the products individually.


The President Pretty Soap

You have read the claims of this soap through the description above. The packaging is nice, it's wrapped in plastic with the description of the product. It's simple, not that fancy but not cheap looking either. I'm very intrigued with the black squares on the soap, it sort of looks like a jelly. Haha.








First of all, I don't like the scent of this product and that's my first impression with it. This soap is very stingy as well, it tightens and dries your face BUUUUT... It does fries out your pimples and leaves your face with no trace of blemishes at all! I'm sooo impressed with this soap because I've been using facial foam cleansers but I haven't came across to a product as effective as this!


To sum it all up, here are the pros and cons


PROS:

  • Brightens your face within a week
  • Speeds up the drying process of your pimples and leaves no blemishes
  • Leaves a glowy and healthy look

CONS:

  • Very stingy 
  • I don't like the smell
  • Tightens and dries out your face

Overall, I would give this product a 4/5, it does deliver what it claims so that's a good one! I just don't like that it stings a loooooot, but hey, as what they always say in our country, "Tiis ganda na lang" sacrifice your comfort for beauty. LOL.


The Beauty Queen Party Day Toner & Gorgeous Allegation Night Toner


Now toners are very essential to our skin care routine, it cleanses deep into your skin but also replenishes your skin. Now these toners are the ace of this facial set I can say. They don't just remove dirt from your skin but also dead skin cells and residues of your dried pimple. It cleanses deep into your skin.

I'm not sure about the difference of the two but from what I understand, the day toner helps fight pimple causing bacteria, removes dirt & excess oil to prevent breakouts. I guess it's main role is to not only cleanse your skin but protect it from the harmful effects of makeup & pollution. I still had pimples during the time that I was using them and that's when I thought it wasn't effective at all but, it helped a lot in getting rid of the pimples and acne in a span of 2-3 days,  The night toner has a stronger cleansing effect since we need to have a cleansed and refreshed face before going to bed.

PROS: 

  • Travel Friendly
  • Delivers what it claims
  • Cleanses deep into the skin
  • Helps fight pimples & blemishes
  • Gives you a healthy looking skin

CONS: 

  • Stingy as well
  • It gives a sticky and tight feel to the face

Overall, I would give this product a 4/5! :)


Charming Campaign Day Gel & Cabinet of Allure Night Cream


I mentioned that the toners are the ace of the set, these two products however I think the weakest link of the product. It's not too bad but I also think it's not that great either.

I tried the day gel through a boating event here in Pampanga but it didn't help protect my face with the sun at all! I still had dark spots and I had sun burns so I think it's not as strong as other sun creams. Buuuut, what I like about this product is that it's not heavy on the face before makeup, it's not greasy so it's a light product good for your everyday walk but not for swimming or if you're staying under the sun for a long time. 

I'm also not sure about how the night cream works, I do think that it moisturizes your face. I just didn't feel the effect of this product unlike the other ones. It did however, moisturized my skin and it's very light as well.


PROS:

  • Not heavy & greasy on the face
  • Good to be covered under makeup
  • Travel friendly packaging

CONS:

  • It also leaves a stingy feeling
  • Again with the scent. LOL

Overall, I still thinks this product deserves a 3/5. It has some flaws but it also delivers what it claims.


Final Thoughts:

So we talked about each products pros & cons but as a set, I would give this a 4/5. It does what is says on the ad, no politics, just results. It did show results and I'm so happy that my face is back to its healthy state. I still have blemishes and scars though but these are from way back and it lightened a bit. I also think that I'm getting whiter each week, I couldn't tell cause I stayed under the sun for a while but I definitely think my face become brighter. Here are my after photos so see for yourself.


BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE
AFTER
BEFORE

AFTER


I think the product definitely works together as a set. It has its flaws individually but if used with the other products, it supports and shows results. So would I still include this in my skin care routine? Definitely! :) I think it's worth to try, it's also very affordable for a set so go their Facebook page and grab this set now!


Where to buy?

Check our their social media account for more information:

Facebook: The Skin Bureau
Instagram: @theskinbureau


That's all for today guys! I hope this review helped a lot with your decision. Have a lovely day ahead and if you have any questions, let me know in the comments below. Byeeee :)

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. Skin bureau looks like a primising product. I like it that you really tried the product and let us see the changes before making an actual review. Thanks for giving us a heads up about the smell and the stingy feeling. We now know what to expect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like all these products do the job.Your before and after photos prove it all.Anyway,it's good if the products come with bit of soft aroma.These days I use a new hand cream which already says unscented.Though it is unscented,I don't like such unscented scent/feeling :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems that these product have a lot of cons but they also help and do what it's written on the label, which is a good thing. I guess that being a targeted product, the soap is meant to dry your skin, to dry the acne as well? And maybe you feel it stingy because it is working on your skin?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This product is not available in my country. But I'm tempting to try it out. I have acne problem. I hope it could help me to reduce my acne scar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pimples can be really worrisome. The best cure I have heard is consuming raw neem leaves. These products do seem to be helpful.And I am really curious about that soap how it will work on my skin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woaaaah! That's the first time I heard of just eating leaves to help cure acne. I am mesmerized!

      Delete
  6. I was there during the launch too. Perhaps we bump into each other but didn't really know about it. I haven't tried the set yet because I am still using my current skin care products as they are still full. I have heard mixed reviews about this. One friend had breakouts with this and my other friend simply had nice results. I'll try to use it and see for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I admit, I got distracted by the beauty mark on your lip! Acne could cause quite a panic especially if you're a beauty junkie. I personally just try to eat healthily and use hypoallergenic products on my skin. I've tried a number of products as well and I have breakouts if my skin feels that those are harmful. But, great review. Quite informative actually!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am not sure if I'd even dare try this set. I am not really a fan of stingy products :( It makes me feel like i'm ending up damaging my skin :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. I believe every beauty product has different results to different people. I think no product suits everyone. It is good that this product delivers well on you. But because I am adventurous, I would love to try different products, it if suits me then I'll buy again, if not, goodbye. It's that simple.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Skin bureau seems to be a helpful product. It is great that you actually tried the product and showed us the effects before making a review. It seems that those products do the job. Your photos before and after using the products prove it all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've also read a blog post on this brand of skin care products. But this is so nice because you gave out the pros and cons. This is a really helpful review. I'm sure everyone else who would want to try this product too will find it super helpful. -Me-An

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey...have not heard about this beauty brand till reading your sharing here...unsure whether it sells in Malaysia too? Love the packaging, quite unique though ;) wanna check it out! Cheers, SiennyLovesDrawing

    ReplyDelete
  13. Doesn't sodium hydroxide affect the skin? While I am for papaya and other organic ingredients, I develop cold feet when I see these chemical compounds. Not that I use these products (because I am a male), I stay away from the synthetic ingredient based cosmetic products. I like the fact that your products are non- animal cruelty based.

    ReplyDelete

Instagram