Epona Aqua Snail Shampoo Review

Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Fixing my hair has always been a struggle since high school. It's frizzy and bulky, it was just not pretty at all. I was always teased for my bad hair so you can really tell that I have a lot of chemical in this hair because I have to do everything to make it look good.

So enough of the chitchat, I was browsing through this new beauty stall, Beauty in Seoul and they have a lot of Korean products and a lot of discounts too. I found this new product Epona, I actually haven't heard of this product before and I got it with a 60% discount so yay for me.




The packaging is quite simple, it's not fancy or anything. To be honest, it's not that eye catching but that's not really important as long as it works.

So without further adieu, let us start the review.


Product Claims:


As you can see on the packaging it claims to have a moisturizing effect, it's hypoallergenic and it provides a silk therapy.

On the photo below, the consistency is very silky and smooth and it is transparent. It also has a florally kind of scent which I like. It lathers quickly which is what I like so it means that your scalp and hair can be thoroughly clean.



What I love about this product is that it doesn't have a strong scent to it, which means it's good for me. Although, because my hair is full of chemicals and products, after using this shampoo, it somehow dries up my hair when it's still wet. But after drying it, it feels a lot softer and feels as if I used a conditioner but I didn't.


Where Could I get this and how much?


If you're from the Philippines, you can get this at one of Beauty In Seoul's stall in different malls nationwide. You can find them on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/Beautyinseoulphil/

You can also get this on eBay and other websites. The price is ranging from $5-$10 but I got mine for around $3 only because it was on 60% sale.


Here are some of the few photos of me using this shampoo before and after:




 Look how frizzy my hair was. LOL. I have to constantly iron my hair to at least straighten it which is another reason to damage my hair.


After washing my hair, because my hair has a lot of chemicals on there, it kinda frizzed a bit while it was still wet so I couldn't comb it well. I waited for it to dry to finally comb it.




After Epona:



What are my thoughts about this product?

I don't think there was a HUGE difference after using it. I didn't like that my hair was very rubbery after using it but once my hair is dry, it definitely feels smoother so I really don't know how I feel about this product. I couldn't get through my roots because of how rubbery my hair felt so I don't think my scalp was cleaned thoroughly. 

I really liked this shampoo but I wouldn't say that I'm crazy about it, so I think I can rate this product for 2.5/5. Just average. 

I don't think it saved my hair for most parts but it helped my hair become smoother but I don't think it's not a product necessary for your daily hair care. I think there are much better shampoos out there. 

Would I recommend this product?

Sure! It's not a product that can damage your hair so I think you should also give it a try and see if it works better for you. My hair is extremely damaged and has a lot of chemicals it didn't add any damage in it. For the price, I think it's just meh. Unlike other products, it doesn't deliver much for me. 


Was this review helpful? What do you think about Epona Aqua Snail Shampoo? Let me know in the comments below. :)


Until then, byieeee!

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. My locks also tend to be dry and I think I need a similar product to tame it and give it extra moisture. I am not much into Korean products but anything that gets good reviews and great results is worth a try. I will see if I can get a bottle of this the next time I go to the mall. Thanks for the detailed review. I thought it worked wonders with your mane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This product intrigue me. I didn't know snail can be used as an ingredient for shampoos. I thought it was just good for the skin. But the hair? It sounds so new to me. Been using snail serum for my face though and its life changing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's my first time to hear about a shampoo with that snail ingredient. Yes, i have used snail soap and it's the bomb! Now if it will work wonders on my hair too the. It will be worth the try. I always have a manageable hair, thanks to my parents who both has straight hair. I don't use anything special other than conditioner right after shampoo. Although I'll check out the site and sheck this product out. :)

    ReplyDelete

Instagram