GETTING READY FOR A CONCERT

Monday, October 02, 2017



Hello, everyone! As we all know, Diamond Edge Tour will happen next week and a whole lot of different groups for the rest of the year. If this is your first time attending a concert, I'm thinking this might help.

Going to a concert is very tiring so we have to prepare ourselves physically, emotionally and mentally so I'm hoping this article will prepare you for a very special day.

Here are five tips on how to prepare yourself for concert day: 



1. Be sure to get enough sleep!


This is the most important reminder of all. I remember attending two or three joint-concerts when I only had two or three hours of sleep, and it didn't turn out very well. Thank God for adrenaline, but it wasn't really enough. You'll be expecting a lot of fan clubs giving away freebies so we have to walk for hours to look out for them. Believe me, there's also going to be a lot of standing, and lining up just to get the perfect spot, so save all that energy. 

You might make it through the day because of the adrenaline as I said earlier, but the effect will last for days. Body aches, nausea, vomiting, and headaches, I was literally in bed for a few days because because I went to a concert with little sleep. 


2. Wear comfortable clothes


Sure, we all want to dress-up on concert day, but it's also important that we feel comfortable with what we wear. Like for instance, if you know you're going to stand for a long time, you might want to consider wearing sneakers or flat shoes instead of wearing high heels. Do not sacrifice your comfort just to look good. You can look good and feel good anyway so choose the right clothing to your liking. Unless you know how to rock it, then go for it girl, but personally, I suggest you wear super comfortable clothes.

Another tip: Be sure to use a long-wear, smudge-proof and water-resistant makeup products. Of course, we want to look good as well, because who knows? Oppa might notice you, but you don't want to look cake-y and have panda eyes throughout the day. So be sure to wear the right type of makeup if you want to make it through the day looking on fleek despite the hassle!

3. Bring these necessary items:


  • Extra fold-able loot bags
  • Power bank, chargers
  • Sanitary napkin or liners (if you're not sure if you'll get your period on the day of the concert, better be prepared than sorry, don't make the same mistakes I did!)


As I said, freebies and banners for fan projects will be given away on the day of the concert, if you don't want to struggle like I did, bring an extra loot or tote bag to keep your freebies. That is if you're planning to get freebies. To save time, don't bring large backpacks because they won't let you enter the venue without leaving your things at the baggage counter, it will save you a lot of time from lining up again just to get your bags before going home.
And of course, it's self-explanatory to bring power banks and extra memory.


4. Eat! 


Have breakfast before leaving, eat before you enter the venue and have extra snacks in your bag to keep you from starving while waiting.

5. Meet with your fandom friends


It's very important to have someone to share the feels, to have someone take turns in lining up. The fun starts when you have a group of people to past the time while waiting.

Personally, I think that's one of the best parts in attending these concerts, it's when you get to meet new people and develop a friendship with them.
There you go! I think you're well prepared and ready to face the world out there. Don't forget to enjoy and savor every moment with your friends and seeing your idol perform. I promise you that this will be the best nights of your life so go and buy that concert ticket!


That's all the tips I have for today, have fun and enjoy the moment! Take lots of pictures to save the memory but be sure to live in the moment while it lasts.

If you have any questions, feel free to let me know in the comments section!

Oh, and if you're curious, here are some of my favorite concert photos of all time!




































You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I'll make sure to remember this! haven't watched a concert yet and I do want to. Just can't afford that kind of luxury with 3 kids! I hope I get to watch a concert soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interestingly, i have never attended a major concert event haha.. I don't know, maybe I am not fond of dealing with huge crowd (my friends used to tease me as the "Kill Joy" in our group lols) but i would love to experience it someday and feel the intensity of it.. unfortunately, i am also an old school music lover so if my idols visit the country, they will not get as much wild crowd like this haha
    thanks for sharing this great reminders

    ReplyDelete

Instagram