Confessions of a New Blogger

Monday, June 20, 2016



I decided to write a blog because of my serious love for make-up, most especially Korean products. Well, I thought I had a good start until I stopped blogging for about two to three months I guess, because I ran out of ideas, I ran out of make-up products to review.


Well, who cares about that, and why am I telling you this? So here's the thing, I'm not an expert or pro with make-up, I started my blog just to help people, especially those who are just starting to appreciate it,  decide which are the best products to use and providing simple easy steps to begin make-up. I always wanted to be a part of people's lives. I just started my blog and I'm really hoping that I could reach out to a lot of people. 

I used to read other blogs talking about the basics, how to get more followers and such, how to write a good content etc. It really helped, a lot. 

So to my fellow new bloggers, these are my confessions, learned lessons and realizations upon blogging. Take it as an advice as well if you like. 


1. Let your blog be you


It is really important to show people who you really are in a blog. Be private but show yourself. Show what you are capable of and what are your purpose. Pictures, content, show the whole world who you are and what you can bring on the table.


2. Read read read and read other blogs


Read other blogs too. It really helps especially those who are blogging since forever! They know pretty much everything! So get some tips from them but don't steal their work. I specifically struggle on the photos, I'm really not a expert when it comes to those but reading blogs help me get ideas but not steal about the photos. The lighting, the right angle, and etc.

3. Blogging is not always about the money


Never blog because of the money and the perks. It will take the fun out of it. I must admit, at first I was blinded about getting sponsors, earning so much money from ads and etc. It seriously took out the fun out of it because I was worried that my blog wouldn't sell where in fact I published this in the first place to reach out to people by sharing our passions. So I got lost there, I still dream about getting sponsors but it will take time and if you do what you love, those are just bonus. :)

4. Listen only to yourself but be open


Don't be afraid of other's judgment. I must admit, I really got conscious about what others might think about my blog, what if people won't like it, I let the pressure get to me, but turns out most of my friends are liking it and find it very helpful which is good for me. I may not please everybody, but atleast I'm happy that somehow, it's being noticed and it helps people not just on making decisions for their make-up thingy but also encourages other people because most of my content are about empowerment and encouragement. Don't be discouraged but also accept the expert's advice and opinions. :)


5. Let your voice be heard


I know we don't literally hear each other's voices on blogs (kidding) but your voice can be heard through your contents. Allow readers to feel you and believe in your blog just like how you believe in yourself. Be a part of something great because of it. Blogging may not be for everybody, but blogging is definitely for anybody who wants to gain something in their lives, either recognition, source of living, source of your happiness, or whatever your purpose is, your blog has a voice and let it be heard.

So again I'm not an expert, these are just my thoughts and you are very much welcome to give me advice as well. 

That's it for today! Have an awesome day. :) 

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Blogging has always been about being heard. I think that should be the concentration. I also agree with reading other blogs. Aside from learning about various topics you also support fellow bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also a new blogger and you are right reading other blogs is a big help, it widens my horizon in blogging. My blog is just a month old and I have learned a lot from fellow bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with what you all said here. I still consider myself as a newbie even if I 've been blogging for almost 3 years now. There is so much to learn from blogging. It is my love for it and the achievement it gave me that keeps me doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blog what is real and if it's your passion then go for it. Learn more blogging tips to the veterans and adopt the good things only :)

    ReplyDelete

Instagram