Learning The Art of Make-Up

Wednesday, June 15, 2016



"I wanted to learn how to apply make-up but I can't, I only use powder and lipstick and that's it! But I really want to learn"

Some girls wanted to start learning how to apply make-up but they think they don't have the talent to begin plus buying make-up is very very expensive and sometimes you can't decide which one you'll buy. I can still remember when I was in this situation. I really wanted to learn how to draw my eyebrows PROPERLY. :D I used to think that it's so freaking hard so for you guys, I'm willing to share some tips on how to begin beautifying your face.

1. Ask opinions and advice

When I am unsure of what type of make up should I use I usually ask for opinions of the people who are either professional or have this huge love for make-ups. Simply because they know better. They most probably tried almost all of the make-up brands, what to buy or what is not to buy. So if you have a tight budget or don't wanna waste your money by using useless products, ask someone or read a blog :)

2. Never be afraid to make mistakes

I probably used all of the wrong products without being aware of it and of course, I used to draw my eyebrows in an unacceptable way. My eyeliner was always out of place always smudging. This are just some mistakes that I took note of, so again, listen to other's opinion if they tell you you're eyebrows are too short, it's too elongated, well they are trying to help you out by helping you do your make up properly especially if you know, you're just starting to do it. That's okay, someday you'll look back and say, oohhh my eyebrows were really bad. LOL.

3. Find the best product suitable for you

Always try and try until you find what's best for your skin but if it irritates you, of course that's the time you have to stop using wrong products. Whether it's branded, drug store make-up, or authentic Korean brands, if it doesn't work for you, stop. I used to apply drugstore make- ups before when I couldn't afford to buy organic ones. I used to have so many pimples and what I hate the most is when the foundation sticks into your clothes, your boyfriend's clothes, or your friend's. Also there were eyebrow pencils that just fades after hours, so I used to look like an alien with short straight eyebrows. 

You have to know what product suits you best. You have to master your own skin, you have to have the right tools, brushes, eyebrow pens, and etc. You have to know the right shade for your face, you have to try lipstick shades that suits you best. Again, read blogs or ask for people's advice.


4. Practice makes perfect

It's okay to have bad eyebrows but please don't be attached with it. There are thousands and thousands of make up tutorials you can read, I have one too, just click here. It's really hard to have perfect eyebrows, yes I know. Learned it the hard way. It really is a great achievement for a girl to have eyebrows on fleek, we should have a medal or something. Also eyeliners are tricky too especially for girls who have small eyelids. Keep on practicing, don't be discouraged, be confident that you can do it.

5. Know the basics

Practice the basics, how to apply foundation, concealer and then move on the hardest / tricky part. Have the basic products. For beginners, you need to have a liquid foundation or BB cream, or CC cream. If you wanna know the difference click here . You must have a setting powder or powder foundation for oil control, mascara to make your eyes pop, eyebrow pencils, lipstick and a blush on. Those are the basic products if you want to learn how to apply daily make-up PROPERLY.


Additional tips:
  • You must always take good care of your skin, wash and cleanse your face before going to sleep. Never ever ever sleep with your make-up on. 
  • Apply moisturizer or primer before applying your make-up
  • Take care of your lips, it's really ugly when it' cracking
  • Don't rush your make-up, it's an art, enjoy the process
  • Take all the tips you learn and get started! :)

So that's it, I hope you liked it and I hope it helps, a lot. :)


Here I would just like to share some of my old photos:


This is how I apply make-up now, not bad, still not perfect but not bad. There's always room for improvement :D
This is me when I was still learning, bad eyebrows, poor application of eyeliner. LOL





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram