L.A Girls Matte Flat Finish Pigment Gloss Review

Tuesday, March 08, 2016

I recently received a request from two of my colleagues (Hi Doreena and Jeanne!) to make a review about this trendy product. Matte lipsticks are known for their long lasting effect. Of course! It's a struggle to always apply your lipstick every now and then that's why girls are now going crazy over matte lipsticks including myself.

Description:

Blurring the lines between lipstick and lip gloss, Matte Pigment Gloss has already become a favorite of makeup artists, blogger and fans. These 16 bold shades provide rich, intense color in a flat finish for all day wear. The long wearing formula goes on as a high pigmented liquid and dries to a flat matte finish. Leaving lips colored in gorgeous velvety perfection that last and lasts.


Shades:

  • Fantasy
  • Dreamy
  • Fleur
  • Bazaar
  • Timeless
  • Iconic
  • Playful
  • Tulle
  • Obsess
  • Instinct
  • Frisky
  • Secret
  • Rebel
  • Backstage
  • Stunner
  • Black Currant

I will just be reviewing two of their shades Dreamy and Rebel.

The packaging is very dominant, very strong and very girly. Very chic.

 

These two colors represents the nude shade to strong and dominant shade or how our friends call it (Killer lipstick) from nice to naughty,
The Dreamy shade (GLG832)

The Rebel Shade (GLG843)


Swatch:


Rebel on top and dreamy below

Pros:


  • Stays long enough
  • Dries quickly
  • Looks good if applied properly
  • Variety of color choices
  • Smudge free

Cons:

  • Doesn't look good if you have cracked lips
  • It's very clingy (According to Doreena, my colleague) It's so hard to remove
  • After eating, the color in between your lips fades
  • Gives uncomfortable feeling after first application, like eating a powder hehe

See how it looks on me:

I'm not sick but it looks like I just chugged a vinegar. Yea, Dreamy is not my color




That's more like it! Rebel suits me better, don't you think? It gives the illusion that my skin is brighter

Rating:

3/5

I gave it a three out of five because for some reasons I find it really uncomfortable on the lips and I'm a fan of matte lipsticks that doesn't feel like a paint on my lips (if you get what I mean) Plus it's really hard to remove without a make-up remover. Would I buy it? Maybe, why not? But I would really like to try other brands. Just find the right shade for your skin tone so that you won't regret buying it.
Tip: If you'll buy a nude shade, be sure that it's not as close as your skin tone because see how I look like on the first photo? Yea, you don't wanna look like that right? hehe. If you have morena skin go for a darker nude shade. Got it? 
Also, If you bought this one be sure you know how to apply it properly because it's kind of hard to apply with the right shape and since it's dries out fast it will be very hard to remove the excess parts.


So there you go guys, hope this blog helped you somehow! Let me know on the comments below :)

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Instagram