L'oreal Paris True Match Liquid Foundation Review

Sunday, June 26, 2016



I noticed that L'oreal True Match Liquid foundation is now making a huge hype on Facebook and I read a lot of comments that most of its buyers were really satisfied. However, most blogs are actually contradicting, but anyway I was still interested so I decided to give this product a shot. I don't fancy drug store make ups, and I really prefer Korean cosmetics but L'oreal Paris is known to be one of the best drugstore make-ups out there. This product costs 600 PHP.

I got the N4 Nude Beige shade

This product claims have:

  • Shade Micro Precision - which means they have 5 matching pigments conditioned to the color structure of Asian skin tone.
  • Finish Micro-Perfection - ultra-fine pigments refine and smooth skin inch by inch.
  • Texture Micro-Homogenity - ultra-gliding texture infused with oil cocoons skin with sublime comfort.

Instructions:

Shake before use
Get some product from the pump
Apply and blend onto your face
(For better results set your face with powder or powder foundation, even though this product is matte, it still needs to be set)

This foundation is very tricky, I usually don't read instructions on how to use it simply because it's easy, pump and use it. I noticed that the texture was very runny, then I decided to check the label below and read the instruction that you should shake it first before you use it, after shaking it, it thickened.

What I love about this foundation is it truly does matches my skin tone and it's not too hard to blend. It's not too pink and not too yellow. It just goes well with your skin tone. I think that's because of the Shade Micro Precision they were claiming.


SWATCHES:

This is the texture when shaken
This is the texture when you did not shake it before use, as I've mentioned, it's runny
When blended



One thing I noticed about this liquid foundation is that after blending these swatches, they tend to darken on the edge, and there are glittery particles that I don't understand why and I seriously need an explanation for that but no worries since they don't show up on my face, not that I know of but it really doesn't.

When I first used this product since I have no knowledge that it should be shaken first before use, it felt oily and heavy on the face. I kept retouching and retouching every two or three hours, the heaviness was really annoying. It has a matte finish, though as I've mentioned, as the day goes by, it's really oily. Also, they claim that this product will smoothen your skin inch by inch, it somehow does that so yay for them.

What I liked about this product is that it's designed for Asian women's skin and it really does, the shades, but I really don't like it when it's hot my oiliness blends with this product's heaviness so it was really uncomfortable and annoying.

I also don't like the smell, it smells rubberish (if that's even a word) I love foundations with good scents or let them have no scents at all!

This foundation is for medium coverage by the way but build-able to full coverage

These are the photos of how the products looked on my face (no powders and concealers)




As you can see, I haven't applied a concealer but it hid my dark circles and blemishes, plus points for L'oreal!

So to sum it all up here are the pros and cons of this product

Pros:


  • It truly matches your skin tone (hooray for that!)
  • Somehow smoothens your skin
  • Matte finish so no need to put on lots and lots of powder to set
  • Different shades to choose from
  • Medium coverage (build-able to full)
  • Almost covers dark circles and blemishes
  • Acceptable price

Cons:

  • The smell. I really don't like the smell
  • The oily and heavy feeling after three to four hours
  • Doesn't last long enough
  • Not non-transferable (annoying cause I get foundations on my phone sometimes, weird)

Rating:

3 out of 5


So there you go, over all, I liked this product overall but I wouldn't say I love it and I'm crazy about it. I don't think I would buy it again because I love to try other products as well and I'm not a total fan of this one. I would recommend this to those who wants to learn how to do make-up and have a tight budget. Well for me this is still a bit pricy but it is acceptable though.

Well this product somehow worked for me. Let me know if you liked this product too. :) 

Have a great day!


By the way this is my finished look after adding all my make-up


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. So sad to hear that it didn't last long. I really feel hesitant on trying us brands as they commonly have harmful chemicals that can cause skin breakouts on me. Anyway nice review!


    www.rsbeautydiary.com

    ReplyDelete

Instagram